Thursday, April 27, 2006

Love and Money

For a long time, people have used the phrase "Its the thought that counts". Lets face it ive used it a few times to get myself out of tricky situations. The use of money to show love has been branded as shallow, materialistic etc.. But am not so sure anymore.

I suppose this depends on your attitude towards money. If you are a spendthrift then you wont need that much encouragement to buy expensive gifts and stuff. But if you are a tight git, like yours truly, then u find out you will hold back and this is not limited to gifts. It could be beggars in traffic, cousin who needs credit etc..... Is it possible to show love and still be tight.......

I dont know but there is something liberating about doing a good deed. Being prudent is good. But can you be too prudent that it becomes overbearing... I think so. It shouldnt control you. As we say in Naija. Spend this money!!! Live life!!!!! Let it go!!!!!!!

So hey the thought counts but money counts a lot as welll.........

I think?

Anyhows peace out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dad's response to that phrase is: Good thoughts give good gifts :)