Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Home is Where the Heart Is

Well it was in the "Wizard of Oz" where Dorothy goes there is no place like home. And you know what she was absolutely right. There really is no place like home. Its very strange that despite all Nigeria's problems whenever u leave for a period of time you start longing to come back even with NEPA, traffic etc. It got me thinking so what makes home, well, home.

Home changes for us all as we go through life. Could be the town you were born, work or went to university. Its that place where you feel or felt at peace, at ease, at home. I know am no masochist but Lagos is home for me. I dont know why? To the rational mind it shouldnt be. But this is where i grew up. Ive had memories here that i would never want to erase or forget. Amidst all the chaos it seems Lagos will always have somewhere special in my heart. Well what can i say. Home is where the Heart is. How true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: